The March update for Telegram X on Android is big. Numerous new features are moving into the app. New is, for example, the multi-account support. Users can sign up with as many accounts as they want. For each account can also be used another theme, practically, if otherwise there would be a likelihood of confusion.
If you hold down an account, you will see a preview of the chats without changing the online status. Sneak Peek, so to speak. If you receive a message, you jump directly to the correct chat.
There are also changes in the presentation of chats. There are now more themes available, plus you can disable the view with bubbles for channels (while remaining active for other chats). Photos are then displayed in full view when the view is disabled with the speech bubbles in the chat.
Sharing your own location is also possible. The whole thing is displayed directly in Telegram X on a redesigned map screen. For this there is also a dark theme, which is used by devices that support a car night mode. In addition, navigation can be started directly from the map or Foursquare can be called up.
Animated actions are now available in the chat overview, so you see when someone is typing, recording a video or voice message.
Also new are the image previews in the notifications. If you pull down the panel, you will see already received pictures or stickers in the preview. However, this is only available to Android users with a system from Android 5.0. In addition, the auto-download rules apply here. If the automatic download for pictures is deactivated, there is no preview.
There is also an innovation in emojis and stickers. You can activate the skin tone, which is available for some emojis, for all emojis that offer this option. In addition, you will now get more sticker suggestions when you touch an emoji.
Chats themselves have received numerous small improvements: You can now move them to a new position in the overview, jump directly to the first message of a date and there is a button to report individual messages. Also, GIFs and images from the bots can now be previewed before being posted to a chat.
These are still not all changes, but the details are getting finer. Anyone who is interested in these, will find it at Telegram. If you want to try out the new version directly, you can do so through this beta channel in the Google Play Store. Meanwhile, Telegram knows that the update is being phased out.
What is custom ROM?
ROM is short for Read-Only Memory. It has many versions just like Windows OS does; no matter it is stock ROMs from companies, or custom ROM from third party. This new custom ROM can bring you the latest version of Android before your manufacturer. Anyhow, flashing a new ROM means installing a new operating system to your Android.
The new Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow comes with many new features :
- Mobile payments (Android Pay) feature.
- Better RAM Management.
- Fingerprint support.- A battery saver feature which extends device use by up to 90 mins.
- It has a faster, smoother and more powerful computing experience.
- Support for 64-bit SoCs using ARM, x86, and MIPS-based cores.
- OpenGL ES 3.1 and Android extension pack brings Android to the forefront of mobile graphics putting it on par with desktop and console class performance.
- Responsive, natural motion, realistic lighting and shadows, and familiar visual elements make it easier to navigate your device.
- More intelligent ranking of notifications based on who they’re from and the type of communication.
- See all your notifications in one place by tapping the top of the screen.
- New devices come with encryption automatically turned on to help protect data on lost or stolen devices.
- SELinux enforcing for all applications means even better protection against vulnerabilities and malware.
- State of the art video technology with support for HEVC main profile to allow for UHD 4K 10-bit video playback, tunneled hardware video decoding to save power and improved HLS support for streaming.
- and other cool features.
Note: If there is more than one download option, that likely means that you need to download and install the Bug Fix Update for your smartphone or tablet device before you can actually update to 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
Step 1:Before you go trying to update your device, you should check which version of Android you are running. You might already be on the latest version. It's easy to check so follow this guide up to step four. This screen will have a section called 'Android version'. If it doesn't, click 'Software information' to find out.
Step 2:Scroll down the Settings menu and click on 'About Phone' or 'About Tablet'. If you have a tabbed settings menu then this will appear in the 'general' section.
Refer to Android developer page to choose which version of Android your phone or tablet is running. I.e, 4.0.4 corresponds to Ice Cream Sandwich, an old version of Android that was released in 2013.
Step 3:Note: Your phone or tablet may require a Wi-Fi connection to search for an update. We suggest you to download the software Droid Over Wi-Fi because the file size can be large.
Choose and click the "Software Update" option. Next it will search available update for your phone or tablet. If update is available, you will be asked if you want to install it. Select "yes" and it will install the new operating system in your device. If you want to install it later, you can download the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow file first. Download Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.zip